30th May 2013 | Alps Tour Golf
First European Golf Elites' Symposium to take place at Golf National.
The Alps Tour and the French Golf Federation organized on the 27th and the 28th of May the First European Golf Elites’ Symposium. During two days, international consultants presented their expertises about how to help young amateurs players to reach the elites golf and to succeed once they turned pro.
The schedule :
- Turning pro, by Donato Di Ponziano, PGA’s of Europe President and former Alps Tour President.
- The Formative Experiences of Category One Golfers & Critical Periods for Success on Tour, by Jonathan Wright, PGA Head of Coach Develoment for England
- Overview of Elites’ Policy Throughout Europe by France, Italy, Denmark and Scotland. François Illouz, Gianluca Crespin Morten Backhausen, Steve Paulding.
- Workshop INSTITUTIONS : Involvement of Amateurs in Professional Events, Involvement of Professionals in Amateurs Events. Amateur Status versus Open Golf by Christophe Muniesa, Executive Director FFGolf.
- Workshop COACHING : International schedule and preparation. Role of US university in amateur career. Launch of professional career by Jeanne Cho, Assistant Coach, Duke University.
- « You will never have better players than you have coaches » by Tony Bennett, Director of Education & Membership, The PGA’s of Europe.
- The Ryder Cup : Europe’s Team Game by Mark Lichtenhein, Head of Television, Digital Media and Technology, European Tour and Ryder Cup.
- Overview of the Professional Golfing World by Alain de Soultrait, Challenge Tour Director, Ivan Khodabakhsh, Ladies European Tour CEO, Waltraud Neuwirth, Alps Tour President.
- Rio 2016 Olympics Games & Nanjing 2014 Youth Olympics Games by Pierre Bechmann, Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews Captain.
- Round-Table « TOURS », Role of ‘Mini Tours’ and ‘Winter Tours’. Sports regulations, Link between the Tours, Qualifying Schools, Expansion to Eastern and Southern Countries.